The seminar will be held on April 24 2017 at 3:00 pm in the Pagoda building at the Faculty of Medicine at the Autonomous University of Madrid. This seminar is organized by CSIC, the coordinator partner of TARGEAR.
Dr. Wang is an INSERM researcher at the Institute of Neuroscience at the University of Montpellier (France) where she currently leads the team “Degeneration and Therapies” (http://www.inmfrance.com/inm/hearing/34-2- 2-molecular-basis-of-age-related-hearing-loss). Her work focuses on the study of mechanisms that trigger hearing loss associated with aging, as well as the development of therapies that reverse this loss. Some of her main contributions appear below:
- Benkafadar N, Menardo J, Bourien J, Nouvian R, François F, Decautin D, Maiorano D, Puel JL and Wang J (2017) Reversible p53 inhibition prevents cisplatin ototoxicity without blocking chemotherapeutic efficacy. EMBO molecular medicine, 9:7-26.
- Batrel C, Huet A, Hasselmann F, Wang J, Desmadryl G, Nouvian R, Puel JL, Bourien J (2017) Mass Potentials Recorded at the Round Window Enable the Detection of Low Spontaneous Rate Fibers in Gerbil Auditory Nerve. PLoS One, 2017 Jan. 13;12(1).
- Ladrech S, Wang J, Mathieu M, Puel JL, Lenoir M (2016) High mobility group box 1 (HMGB1): dual functions in the cochlear auditory neurons in response to stress? Histochem Cell Biol., Oct 4.
- Huet A , Batrel C, Tang Y, Desmadryl G, Wang J, Puel JL and Bourien J (2016). Sound coding in the auditory nerve of gerbils. Hear Res., 338: 338:32-9.
- Bourien J, Tang Y, Batrel C, Huet A, Lenoir M, Ladrech S, Desmadryl G, Nouvian R, Puel JL, Wang J (2014) Contribution of auditory nerve fibers to compound action potential of the auditory nerve. J Neurophysiol., 112:1025-39.
- Menardo J, Tang Y, Ladrech S, Lenoir M, Casas F, Michel C, Bourien J, Ruel J, Rebillard G, Maurice T, Puel JL, Wang J (2012) Oxidative stress, inflammation and autophagic stress as the key mechanisms of premature age-related hearing loss in SAMP8 mouse cochlea. Antioxid Redox Signal., 16:263-274.