The Alberto Sols Institute of Biomedical Research (IIBM, CSIC-UAM) participated in the Madrid Science Week organizing the activity “The Biomedicine and its associated technologies” on November 4 and 7.
The Alberto Sols Institute of Biomedical Research (IIBM, CSIC-UAM) participated in the Madrid Science Week organizing the activity “The Biomedicine and its associated technologies”.
The Science Week in Madrid is an annual event that aims to stimulate the knowledge of science and technology among citizens by opening the scientific spaces normally closed to visitors.
The IIBM opened the doors to the public twice, on November 4 and 7, during the open days and guided tours at several scientific services of the institue. The attending public could participate in the theoretical and practical presentation of some technologies used in biomedical studies. The member of TARGEAR Silvia Murillo participated actively on this sessions presenting the Non-Invasive Neurofunctional Assessment Service. Below you can see the activities that were held on the open days.
- Welcome and presentation of IIBM by Lisardo Boscá Gomar, Director of IIBM
- Presentation of the activities of the Departments
- • Juan Manuel Zapata Hernández, Head of Department of Metabolism and Cell Signaling
- • Borja Belandia Gómez, Head of Department of Cancer Biology
- Presentation of the Services
- • Non-Invasive Neurofunctional Assessment Service (ENNI) by Silvia Murillo Cuesta
- • Optical and Confocal Microscopy Service (SEMOC) by Lucia Sánchez Ruiloba
- • Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Service (SIERMAC) by Teresa Navarro Hernanz
- Guided tour of the ENNI, SEMOC and SIERMAC Services
- Talk/Colloquium led by Ángela Martínez Valverde, María Monsalve Pérez and Santiago Lamas Peláez