On October 27,2017, the European Commission presented the final Work Programme for Horizon 2020, covering the budgetary years 2018, 2019 and 2020 and representing an investment of around €30 billion.
The vast majority of this funding is allocated on the basis of competitive calls which are open to applications from researchers, businesses and other interested organisations located in any of the EU Member States or countries associated to Horizon 2020. Organisations from third countries can also participate in the projects, subject to certain conditions. All funding opportunities and related information is available on a single portal.
- Health, demographic change and well-being (SC1)
- Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research and the bioeconomy (SC2)
- Nanotechnologies, advanced materials, advanced manufacturing and processing, biotechnology (NMBP)
- Information and communication technologies (ICT)
- Future and Emerging Technologies (FETs)
- European Research Council (ERC)
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie actions (MSCA)
- Research infrastructures (including e-Infrastructures)
- Europe in a changing world – inclusive, innovative and reflective societies (SC6)
- Science with and for society (SWAFS)
Calls for proposals