FEBS events update
- Join us in September for a stimulating ‘meeting of minds’ across the molecular life sciences – be inspired by leading researchers in the rich speaker programme, find out
what’s happening in related fields, top up your skills base, broaden your horizons,
present your work and connect with like-minded enthusiasts.
- Explore the FEBS 2017 scientific programme:
Plenary Speakers ● Symposia ● Early Bird Sessions ● FEBS Special Sessions
Programme overview ● Invited speakers
- Now is the time to submit your abstract!
Play an active part in the scientific discussion by presenting your research:
meet others interested in your work, earn recognition and get feedback.
Don’t delay: the abstract submission deadline is May 8th, 2017.
Oral presentation opportunities ● Abstract topics ● Call for abstracts
FEBS bursaries ● ISBMB bursaries
FEBS Advanced Courses: for focused updates and learning
- FEBS Advanced Courses 2017
There’s still just time to apply for some FEBS Advanced Lecture Courses and FEBS/EMBO Lecture Courses running later in the year across Europe – check out the topics below. FEBS Youth Travel Fund grants are available to assist participation of early-career researchers.
● Cytoskeleton: mechanical coupling from the plasma membrane to nucleus
● Oncometabolism: from conceptual knowledge to clinical applications
● Nuclear receptors and epigenomic mechanisms in human disease and aging
● Immune system: genes, receptors and regulation
● Molecular architecture, dynamics and function of biomembranes
● Proteins and organized complexity
● Mitochondria in life, death and disease
- FEBS Advanced Courses 2018: second call for proposals
For expert scientists, there’s another chance to apply for funding from FEBS for running an Advanced Course in 2018. If you have an idea for a meeting with an educational emphasis on an important and timely topic in the molecular life sciences, find out about event types, course grants, travel grants and more via the Advanced Courses section of the FEBS website. The application deadline is July 1st, 2017.
IUBMB–FEBS Education Conference: the latest in teaching and training
- Taking place just ahead of the 42nd FEBS Congress, this joint IUBMB and FEBS event will include plenaries, symposia and workshops on topics including key knowledge and skills for molecular life scientists, research in undergraduate education, PhD training, and postdoctoral training. The deadline for bursaries, posters and workshop proposals is May 15th, 2017.