[MouseAGE – STSM] COST Action BM1402: Development of a European network for preclinical testing of interventions in mouse models of age and age-related diseases (MouseAGE) invites researchers from Participating COST Countries to submit applications for the 7th call for STSMs.
Purpose of a STSM
STSM are aimed at strengthening existing networks and fostering collaborations by allowing researchers participating in a given COST Action to visit an institution or laboratory in another Participating COST Country / an approved Near Neighbour Country institution or an approved International Partner Country institution. A STSM should specifically contribute to the overall scientific objectives of the COST Action, whilst at the same time enable researchers to learn new techniques or gain access to specific expertise, instruments and/or methods not available in their own institutions.
We welcome applications that are aligned with MouseAGE’s current scientific priorities which include:
– frailty assessment in mice
– identification of biomarkers for ageing (and specifically frailty)
– assessment of novel or updated mice models of frailty, multimorbidity and resilience
– identification and testing of potential molecules for ageing interventions e.g. geroprotectors
– standardisation of protocols for assessment of testing interventions for aging in mice e.g. neurological assessment, musco-skeletal assessment
– use of novel technology to contribute to preclinical research on ageing e.g. imaging and computational methods.
Full details of the current MouseAGE priorities can be found on the website (www.mouseage.eu) and the scientific objectives of COST Action BM1402 are available in the Memorandum of Understanding which can be downloaded here: http://www.cost.eu/COST_Actio
Please see the full call for STSM Applications in the document attached to this email.
Deadline for applications to be submitted: STSM applications can be submitted until the 27th February and will be reviewed by the MouseAGE Core Group four times throughout the year following the below deadlines, applications arriving on or before the stated deadline will be considered at each deadline, applications received after a deadline will be reviewed after the following deadline.
Applications will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
– the STSM’s fit with MouseAGE objectives
– the applicants motivation for undertaking an STSM
– the quality of the applicants CV and research outputs
– the impact the STSM will have on the applicants current research and future career
Notification of application outcome: 3 weeks after the following application deadlines: 1st July 2017, 1st September 2017, 1st November 2017, 1st January 2018 and 1st March 2018.
Period for STSM: between 4th July 2017 and 31st March 2018.
All STSM activities must occur in their entirety within the period specified above – STSMs must be completed before 31st March 2018.
If you have applied for an STSM you must also use the following link to record your details: https://goo.gl/forms/K0ARl3WUN
If you have questions regarding STSMs please email the STSM coordinator Roosmarijn Vandenbroucke (Roosmarijn.Vandenbroucke@irc.
Information regarding STSMs can also be found on the mouseAGE website: www.mouseage.eu
For general enquiries about the Action please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please circulate this information to your own institution and other relevant parties who may have an interest in applying for a COST Action BM1402 Short-Term Scientific Mission (STSM). The call is open to all researchers not just current Action members.